Summer Recipe: Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad
Last Friday, a few friends gathered for a small girls nights, complete with chilled wine, candy and a good movie. While candy and wine sounds like everything I could ever dream of, I added this pasta salad to the mix so we'd have a little something of substance to eat. It was absolutely delicious and, with only five ingredients, super simple, too. Now that summer has officially arrived, I foresee a lot of cookouts in our future over these next couple of months and this recipe will probably be included. This salad is the perfect, easy-to-throw-together dish to bring with you to any summer gathering. Full disclosure: best served with a glass of chilled rosé.
Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven
- 1 pound dry pasta
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and halves
- 1 ball fresh mozzerella, diced.
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh picked basil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water. Drain and immediately rinse with cold water.
- Toss the pasta with the strawberries, mozzarella and basil. Pour half of the pasta into a serving bowl, and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Then pour the remaining half of the pasta on top, and drizzle with the balsamic glaze. Sprinkle with extra basil if desired. Also, if the pasta seems to dry, you can toss it with a tablespoon of olive oil (I did).